As some of you may know I recently started my own business. I FINALLY finalized business card ideas, and the photographer is going to add some more pictures for my website. I cannot wait to do a HUGE launch on everything. Now that my business is doing very well, I’m ready to execute the proper marketing, and advertising. It’s getting a little costly, but you have to invest in yourself. What you put into your business, is a reflection of what you plan to get out of it.
Yesterday, my business partner and I got a lot of work done, and I am so excited about everything this year has to bring! I feel so good.
Come Summer of 2015, my business partner and I will be launching our PR Firm, and I am so incredibly excited about that. We finalized a business name and already have a few potential clients, and events underway.
I have my hands in a few more jars. I can’t wait to share all my other projects with you all ! I am so happy and grateful that everything is coming together. Last year was a really crappy year for me, and I told myself that I would do everything in my power to make sure that 2015 was promising, eventful, and productive. Sometimes you need bad times, to create that fire under your ass.
I’m happy, I’m blessed, and I plan to keep this momentum going.
This week is going fabulous. I hope everyone else’s week is going smoothly and productive. I wish nothing but the best for all of you.
What ventures and goals have you all made this year? I would love to hear about them. How is everyone’s week going so far?
I graduated college in May of 2011. They never tell you in school that a bachelor’s degree means squat in the real world. I was expecting to have a full-time job of my dreams, a posh apartment by water, and an all black jeep wrangler by August. I mean I have a degree right?! HA! The first few months were like getting pistol whipped in the face. Applications wanted you to have 5-7 years of experience for everything! If I’m 22, how the heck am I suppose to have 5-7 years of experience of anything!!? That’s not even logical. In the meantime, I decided to work a few jobs to keep myself busy while I made a master plan. Heres just a brief summary of my work history from 2011-2013… (more…)
Its Saturday and on Saturday’s we talk about my Five Favorite Blogs of the week. I pick this list from actual bloggers that I follow.
- The first blog I wanted to discuss was a blogger I have met through my Blogger 101 class. His posts are insightful and I always look forward to his feedback on my blog posts. If you are looking for some intriguing, interesting, and encouraging posts please check out one of my fav blogger buds Behind The Eyes | Memoirs Of Eclectic Perceptions !
- I enjoy this next blog because she is very intimate and candid. It’s a sincerity about this blog, and I am a sucker for positive vibes.You guys should go check out In Pursuit of Contentment.
- Hannah*Mumbi is another blogger that has a very sincere writing style. She’s open and honest , and her posts are really relatable. I love reading posts that I just get. She always delivers and she’s a great girl with a wonderful view and opinion.
- If you have been following some of my blog posts then you are aware that I am passionate about business. I decided to follow Inspired4Business , and let me tell you… they are extremely uplifting. This blog has such amazing stories and helpful tips. I look forward to reading each and every post, especially during a hectic and crazy work week. I’m such a fan of this blog. I can’t express it enough.
- Last but not least I wanted to share one of my favorite blogs. It’s a guilty pleasure of mine, but every once in a while I entertain celebrity gossip. My favorite blog for this fix is Bossip.com. I don’t really look into a lot of these blogs so I don’t know if this one is particularly popular or where it ranks amongst the gossip blogs. I had no idea there were so many ! If you guys have any other humorous or funny blogs in mind, please share … I enjoy a good laugh.
Thank you so much for giving us great posts this week guys! I’ve enjoyed reading. I can’t wait to see what you guys have in store next week.
I wanted to have a serious open conversation with all of you. I wanted to know what you guys(women and men) thought about “aggressive women?” I also wanted to know what your definition and perception of an “aggressive woman” is.
So I recently came across this picture on Instagram, I attached it to this post.The picture is basically saying if a woman has a career, is God-fearing and focused she doesn’t need a man. I remember seeing this picture and asking my (now) ex-boyfriend how he felt about it. His response?
” If a woman has all these things, she doesn’t need a man, she wants a confidant “ …. Let’s soak that comment in.
I found the post and his comment extremely chauvinistic.
This is my position. I have always gotten off when people talk about business, career moves, and other professional ventures. I’ve always been that way, ever since I could remember. I remember being little and sitting in the bathroom and pretending that I was being interviewed by Oprah, discussing my latest accomplishments. I’ve always been a little crazy, but we will save that conversation for another post. (more…)
Well Monday is here again. Yes the weekend is over BUT this also means a new week of unlimited potential awaits. Here’s some suggestions and ideas that will help you have a happy, productive and meaningful week.
- Set Goals. Ideally we would set these goals on Sunday( but Monday is fine). I reflect on the week that just passed, and I like to take some time to think about the week that is ahead. I use the Goal setting outline from 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
- Identifying Roles: Identify the key roles in your life. If you haven’t given this much thought think about the roles that first come to mind. Some of mine for example are: Daughter, Sister, Granddaughter, Blogger, Entrepreneur, Designer etc.
- Selecting Goals: Think of 2-3 vital things you would like to accomplish in each of these roles for the upcoming week. For example as a granddaughter I need to go over and paint my Grandmother’s nails. As an entrepreneur, I need to finish my latest business plan, as a blogger I want to publish at least 5 posts this week etc.
- Scheduling: Taking the above goals, and scheduling time to do them. Be flexible though, daily duties happen, so adaptions may be needed.
- Get the Most out of Every Day.Yes this might sound cliché, but each and every day is a gift. This may sound ridiculous but I remember seeing a post that read “You have the same amount of hours in a day as Oprah.” It’s a different way of thinking, but its true. Everyday is a gift and everyday calls for greatness. You can accomplish anything if you really desire to do so.
- Do That Thing You Are Dreading to Do: Everyone has at least one thing that they keep calling off. Get that thing done. If anything else, once you get that out the way you will surely applaud yourself and feel like you got something accomplished this week.
- Nurture Your Relationships. I am a firm believer that one of the stems of happiness is highly dependent on the quality of our relationships with other people. I try to take time each day and throughout the week to commit and communicate with the peoplei care for. I try to call my grandparents once a week. I talk to my sorority sisters daily, I check in with colleagues, talk to my parents throughout the day. Relationships are a critical part of a healthy atmosphere.
- Pick Up the Phone: Text messages and emails are cool, but they aren’t personal. Take some time to actually call someone. I promise you the quality of conversation will be so much better.
- Meet a Friend for Lunch: Food and Conversation are some of my favorite things. Its’s always good to stop playing phone tag and have a face to face catch up session.
- Remember Birthdays: Birthdays are huge. I celebrate evey birthday of mine like its my last, so I try to make the people around me feel just as special when its theirs. If you can’t do anything else,you can acknowledge someone’s birthday. There is so much technology today, you have no excuse as to why you can’t get to someone on their birthday. Use a notebook, planner, Facebook, or leave a reminder in your phone.
- Try Something New. Try something new this week, if you need some ideas check out this article How to Improve Yourself: 50 Ways to Kick Ass in All Areas of Life
- Be Disciplined. Starting the week by setting goals is a lot like New Years Resolutions. These things are easy to make, but even easier to dismiss as time goes on. Sure there may be some changes in the week or you might not get to everything, but imagine how good you will feel if you get everything done! Effective goals lead to effective weeks, effective weeks lead to months, and before you know it you had a productive year!
- Make A Difference. This week commit to making a difference in this world, a positive impact. Sure it would be wonderful if you could go out and feed the homeless or volunteer at a shelter. Those are amazing attributes but sometimes our weeks may not allow us to have time to do so. Don’t count yourself out just yet, even the following small actions can make a big difference:
- Buy lunch for someone in need
- Clean out your closet and drop somethings off at Goodwill or the Salvation Army
- Volunteer your time for any good cause
- Put a smile on a child’s face
- Do something nice for your parents
- Do something nice for a friend
- Heck, just do something nice for someone else
Hope these suggestions and ideas were helpful. How are you going to make this week great? What are some of your goals?
Today I celebrate my one-month anniversary of being self-employed full-time! Goodness! What a month it has been! Surprisingly, it’s been pretty amazing.
Honestly, it’s a life altering experience. I can spend hours talking about how much I love being self-employed and how quitting my job was one of the best personal decisions I’ve made in … well…forever. However, today I’m going to focus on the many wonderful things I’ve learned in this seemingly incredibly long month. Yes, it’s been a long month, but it’s been fulfilling.
These are some things I wish I would’ve known before I got started. I’m positive other people gave me advice like this, but it didn’t really hit me until I was learning and experiencing for myself. I’ve always been hard-headed, and had to learn things the hard way. I appreciate all learning lessons though, and I wanted to share some with you. So if you’re going to become self-employed soon, pay close attention and learn from my mistakes so you can be fabulous and productive right off the bat! (more…)
Why hello there! I have made a few posts, but I wanted to take a few moments and tell you about myself and why I’m here.
Well…My name is KC. I am originally from Southern California. I’m in my twenties, and I am a total free spirit. When its all over, I just want to be able to look back at my life and say that I did what I wanted, how I wanted. Life is too short and too beautiful to be anything less than enjoyable.
I have a personal journal, but I decided to get into blogging, because I enjoy the interaction between people. I like to read, and I enjoy communication. Blogging is like getting the best of both worlds.
My interests are broad, and I plan to discuss a few topics on my blog. I am fully capable of holding an insanely intense conversation about politics, and be just as passionate about mascara. LOL. That’s just how I am. I’m versatile, and I appreciate eclectic dialogue.
I’m here because I want to share parts of my mind with you all. I want to share my thoughts.
The people I have interacted with so far have been wonderful, the energy here is contagious. One of the best things I have experienced is feedback. I really do enjoy interaction, and I love that everyone is opinionated and up for discussion. I hope you guys have enjoyed reading some of my posts; I know I l have found pleasure in reading some of the things that pop up on my feed.
May mercy, peace, and love be yours in abundance – Best wishes to you all.
Tomorrow starts the Blogging 101 course hosted by https://dailypost.wordpress.com. I’m looking forward to the insight and advice that is to come from the course. I believe that when you do anything, you need to have passion behind it. Passion requires goals, objectives, and discipline. I started reading and researching various posts and articles about blogging goals, and objectives. I wanted to share a few points that really stuck out to me. (more…)
Part of the joy of blogging is that you get to come across different people.I enjoy reading what other people decide to blog about.Sometimes I can sit on my feed for hours and just bounce from post to post. I wanted to share my favorite Fab Five blogs this week.
- I have to start the list off with https://dailypost.wordpress.com . I am such a fan already. The last week or so the posts have caught my attention because they have been about blogging.They are even hosting a Blogging 101 course! I definitely registered for it. TWICE. lol. I am new to the blog world so I’m all about any and every little bit of help I can get. All of their posts are really fun to read and full of information. I look forward to the course and the other posts to come.
- Next is … http://realnewspaper.wordpress.com . I found this blog a few months ago, and started following them before I even had my own blog. I love the articles and content on this blog. I send the posts to my friends all the time and love the conversations that stem from them. The content is interesting, and thought-provoking. In a few weeks when I master this whole blog thing, I plan to share some of the posts with you all. I’m such a fan of this blog page! Ugh, I might send an email today and share my gratitude. If you guys get a chance, check it out. Especially if you like various relationship conversations and perspectives.
- I enjoy a nice all around blog, http://withallmyaffection.com is a wonderful lifestyle blog.This page was one of the first blogs I viewed, when I joined WordPress about a week ago. The format is inspiring. As far as all around lifestyle blogs, I really do enjoy this one. Whats even sweeter? The blogger is a sweetheart. I love the fact that even though she has a ton of followers she takes the time to comment back. I thought that was really cool.The blog is just as awesome as the person who created it.
- Who doesn’t appreciate a good makeup blog? I know I sure do.If thats something you are into as well… http://sarahlovesmakeup.com is a really good fix. I enjoy blogs that are detailed about fashion and makeup. I recently just bought some mascara that was featured. The comments on the blog are even filled with information and advice.
- Last but not least, I wanted to mention http://myfashionpoetry.wordpress.com . I really dig her content. I enjoy reading things that are stimulating. Every posts of hers, makes me want to comment. The quotes are stimulating and so is the poetry. Every time I see her on my feed, I take a look. She definitely has a fan in me.
I like giving credit where credit is due. I enjoy all these blogs, and I am so happy that I decided to follow them. I look forward to what the next week of posts bring. I look forward to having more blogs to praise, as I continue to explore.
What blogs are you a fan of?