As I’ve gotten older, I have started to really appreciate a more “natural” lifestyle. When people generally speak about “natural” they generally think about … “hair” and yes that’s a positive transition for multiple reasons. However, there are many other ways to incorporate “natural” in your everyday life. I personally am really big on home remedies, I always have been.My mother raised my brother and I on many holistic beliefs and healing, and I’ve carried these rituals into adulthood. Not only are these practices beneficial, but they are useful and economical. This week for my Friday Favorites post, I wanted to share my 5 favorite home remedies that I believe every woman could benefit from. (more…)
It’s March already! WOW. I don’t know about the rest of you, but it seems like the older you get, the faster time flies.
My birthday is the 27th of March. This year my birthday falls on Easter! HELLO to all my fellow Aries out there! lol
I think birthdays are always personal reflection periods. I am approaching 27 years of age, and I am filled with so much peace and joy, it’s almost hard for me to believe. I am happy with myself, and I content with the company I keep. I am proud of the young woman I have become and am STILL becoming. I know I have some personal goals that I have made for myself, and I am really looking forward to sharing all my future projects with you all.
I think I can officially say I am in my late 20’s… and as much as I thought I would cringe at the idea of being 3yrs away from “The Dirty 30” … I am actually at peace lol. Surprisingly.
As I get older I am entering another phase of my life, and I welcome this stage with much enthusiasm and optimism. I know there are some people in this world that were not able to see 27, so I am sincerely blessed.
My wish for all of you, is to take a chance to reflect on how far you have come as a person, and where you were a year ago. Reflection is good, and furthermore it is essential for our growth as individuals. Take inventory on your life and analyze your atmosphere. Are you happy ? What improvements or changes can you make moving forward? Remember… every day is a new opportunity for change and to create something better for your life. May happiness & success find all of you. Hello March !
May mercy, peace, and love be yours in abundance
This year has honestly been one of the best years of my life. Mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually I have conquered a lot this year. I did things I never thought I would do, and I’m honestly damn proud of myself for how far I have come as a person. When I was a little girl I use to have this idea and image of what I wanted to look like, and who I wanted to be. I can finally say now that I like who I am becoming, and when I look in the mirror I smile, because I look exactly how I’ve always wanted to look.
When I talk about looks I’m not talking about physically. I’m talking about my vibe, my actual “look.” I grew up with a mother who always appreciated self-expression and individuality. I had a father who instilled strong work ethic, and to never conform to what others want you to be. I like to think I am becoming the perfect mix of the both of them. (more…)
When was the last time you took a day or weekend to yourself? We all need to take time to reflect, relax, and reinvest in our personal health and well-being, reconnecting with our minds, body, and soul.
I work so much and my mind is constantly on a thousand, at least once a month I try to take some time out for myself. With everything going on, it is imperative that I take some time out for ME. Big or small, I don’t discriminate … any getaway is time to get my mind right. (more…)
If you have been following me, then you know I am a skin freak . I love smooth skin, healthy skin, and anything that will give me a glow. Over the years I have become increasingly obsessed with exfoliants. Some of my personal favorites come from brands such as: Carols Daughter, Body Shop, and Whole Foods options.
As we all know skin care products can get pricey. Retail price for a good quality exfoliant can run you about $11-$54.
I am all about organic products. I have super sensitive skin. I’ve always had to stick to organic, and earth grown products when it comes to my skin. I prefer it that way though. The only part of my body that doesn’t get organic products is my face, and that’s because my face needs some serious assistance sometimes lol. (more…)
It’s not me. It’s you.
No… it actually is you.
My last boyfriend was the absolute worse. No… I’m not being mean. I’m not calling him names. I’m not trying to sit up here and slander him. I’m just calling it what it was.
From the time we met, my relationship with my ex was toxic. The relationship was filled with power imbalance, violation of personal values, needing to be “perfect” in order to be loved and a lack of genuine intimacy due to hiding one’s true self. It was sad and miserable. It was like being stuck in a maze that I couldn’t get out off. Breaking up with him was a lot like the Alcoholics Anonymous program I had been through. You need certain steps to fully kick your addiction, eventually you get the right tools to turn your life around. Being in an unhealthy relationship, often times mimics an addiction. Its so bad, but you just can’t kick the habit. Eventually the one sided arguments became draining , his lack of effort or remorse became mentally and emotionally taxing. I just couldn’t do it anymore. The last stunt he pulled was repulsive and it was at this very moment I decided to leave. When I decided to leave , I did the best thing I’ve done for me in awhile … I put me First. (more…)
The world is so hectic, and life can get overwhelming, and sometimes we forget to make time for the most important person…. OURSELF. Last year I had a really rough year, and lost sight of some of the things that make me… ME. I wanted to share a few things with you guys that I do on a weekly basis that make me feel like myself. When my world is going crazy these are the things that I need to stay well-balanced. (more…)
Part of the joy of blogging is that you get to come across different people.I enjoy reading what other people decide to blog about.Sometimes I can sit on my feed for hours and just bounce from post to post. I wanted to share my favorite Fab Five blogs this week.
- I have to start the list off with https://dailypost.wordpress.com . I am such a fan already. The last week or so the posts have caught my attention because they have been about blogging.They are even hosting a Blogging 101 course! I definitely registered for it. TWICE. lol. I am new to the blog world so I’m all about any and every little bit of help I can get. All of their posts are really fun to read and full of information. I look forward to the course and the other posts to come.
- Next is … http://realnewspaper.wordpress.com . I found this blog a few months ago, and started following them before I even had my own blog. I love the articles and content on this blog. I send the posts to my friends all the time and love the conversations that stem from them. The content is interesting, and thought-provoking. In a few weeks when I master this whole blog thing, I plan to share some of the posts with you all. I’m such a fan of this blog page! Ugh, I might send an email today and share my gratitude. If you guys get a chance, check it out. Especially if you like various relationship conversations and perspectives.
- I enjoy a nice all around blog, http://withallmyaffection.com is a wonderful lifestyle blog.This page was one of the first blogs I viewed, when I joined WordPress about a week ago. The format is inspiring. As far as all around lifestyle blogs, I really do enjoy this one. Whats even sweeter? The blogger is a sweetheart. I love the fact that even though she has a ton of followers she takes the time to comment back. I thought that was really cool.The blog is just as awesome as the person who created it.
- Who doesn’t appreciate a good makeup blog? I know I sure do.If thats something you are into as well… http://sarahlovesmakeup.com is a really good fix. I enjoy blogs that are detailed about fashion and makeup. I recently just bought some mascara that was featured. The comments on the blog are even filled with information and advice.
- Last but not least, I wanted to mention http://myfashionpoetry.wordpress.com . I really dig her content. I enjoy reading things that are stimulating. Every posts of hers, makes me want to comment. The quotes are stimulating and so is the poetry. Every time I see her on my feed, I take a look. She definitely has a fan in me.
I like giving credit where credit is due. I enjoy all these blogs, and I am so happy that I decided to follow them. I look forward to what the next week of posts bring. I look forward to having more blogs to praise, as I continue to explore.
What blogs are you a fan of?
I LOVE to thrift, it’s one of my favorite things to do. This sweater was a treasure I found in the racks. I dress for comfort. I also am a huge fan of the slouchy look. Surprisingly, the sweater isn’t itchy at all. It’s one of my favorite new additions for my winter wardrobe.
Sweater from CHKD Thrift Store
Leggings from Forever 21
North Face slouch beanie
Doc Martens 8-tie boot
Brahmin Ashby Tote Black Melbourne
Lipstick MAC Cosmetics -Cyber
So has anyone else noticed the mass social media pages dedicated to nail design ? When I go on Instagram all I see is nails, nail pages and all kinds of creative expression through nails. Nails in many ways is another fabulous accessory to have. It’s one of my personal favorites.
Any who …. I’ve always thought decorative nails were pretty. They are sexy, and feminine. I’ve always liked the way they make my hands look, so I decided to give it another go.
Here I have coffin or ballerina nails . My ring finger is a stiletto nail. I’m not sure what kind of little jewel things these are but they are actually holding up pretty well. I’ve washed my hair, did chores around the house … Still intact !
I thought the length was going to be a little cumbersome, but I actually like it so far.
As far as the color, the brand is O.P.I — shade is called Privacy Please .